https://earth.google.com/earth/rpc/cc/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%221OafUPykMe1xdlqV5L8TsJM5sFnsB3jqo%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22103851301614658858980%22%2C%22resourceKeys%22%3A%7B%7D%7D&usp=sharing

Above is a link to a Narrative tour of places to visit from Butchart Gardens all the way to Uvic.

The SAMR (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, and Redefinition) model for technology integration describes how technology can be used to maximize student success. Using this SAMR model, I applied the transformation section of “modification” to my short video tutorial by including multiple-choice questions to test the viewer’s understanding as the video went along. This added a form of interactivity to make sure that the learners are able to understand the instructions explained in the game. This evaluation framework is appealing to me because it allows students to apply what they’ve learned right away while allowing the learner to stay engaged and stay on track with the topic that is being taught. It also is a way for the learners to show the educator that they have increased their understanding of the topic at hand. This evaluation technique is a great way to transform the learner’s engagement.

Two multimedia learning principles used in the interactive video created would be the Segmenting principle and the Voice principle. The segmenting principle uses user-paced segments from a multimedia lesson, rather than a continuous unit, in order for students to grasp a better understanding of the material. With my tutorial video having multiple segments that are each accompanied by multiple-choice questions, the learner is able to have a deeper understanding of the topic. Since my interactive video is a narration using my own voice instead of a machine voice, it can be associated with the voice principle. This allows a greater chance for people to connect and associate with my video through the fact that they are listening to a human voice.